10. Variety – There are so many types of fruits and veggies that you won’t get bored.
9. Color – Fruits and Veggies come in lots of different colors (Think of the green leafy veggies, the purple eggplants, red apples, yellow bananas, orange sweet potatoes).
8. Texture – From crisp apples, crunchy celery to creamy bananas, fruits and veggies come in a variety of textures, and that’s just looking at them raw. Cook them, and you come up with even more textures.
7. Low Calorie – Leafy greens average about 100 calories per pound and fruits are around 200. In contrast, nuts average 2800 calories/pound and oils are 4000 calories/pound.
6. Fiber – Fruits and veggies are full of fiber!
5. Anti-oxidants – a fancy way of saying vitamins and minerals. Fruits and veggies are full of these.
4. Convenient – Fruits and Veggies are the original fast food snacks. Think cut up carrots, apple slices or blueberries.
3. Fun – Who doesn’t enjoy watermelon pit spitting contests?
2. Disease Prevention – There is mounting scientific evidence that eating more fruits and veggies lowers your risk of cardiovascular diseases and many cancers.
1. Delicious- Fruits and veggies just taste great!