Q&A What are some strength training tips?
- If you haven’t consulted with a certified personal trainer, invest in a session or two for a form check. Proper form is essential to avoid injury and to get the most out of your workout.
- Work your largest muscles first. (legs, back and chest). The smaller muscles will help out and will be pre-tired. If you start with the smaller ones, they could be tired when you need them to assist and your form will suffer.
- Pick an appropriate weight. If you go too heavy, you’ll have to stop before you finish all your reps, and/or your form will suffer, and if you go too light, you won’t get all the benefits of training.
- Mix up the exercises that you do. While video workouts are quite helpful, you don’t want to get into an exercise rut, doing the same routines for each workout.
- Music! Put on some uplifting, inspiring music, and your workout time will fly by.