I cooked up a batch of heirloom beans yesterday, but I think you’d get similar results with a can of your favorite beans.
- 1 1/2 Cups cooked beans of whatever variety you like
- 2# bag of diced butternut squash from Trader Joe’s
- 1 Cup of brown rice (uncooked)
- vegetable broth
- Dragunara spices
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic (or to taste)
- 1 cup of water or cooking water from beans
Cook the brown rice in vegetable broth. I have a rice cooker, so it’s very easy, put broth and rice in the cooker, and press start. It will sing when it’s ready.
Water saute the onions with Dragunara Veggilicious seasonings. Add in the garlic. stir for a few more minutes, add the beans, water and butternut squash. Pressure cook at high pressure for 7 minutes. (You can probably cook without pressure for 30-40 minutes). Release pressure naturally. Stir in the rice and serve.