- 8 ounces of plant milk (we like almond milk, especially unsweetened chocolate)
- 1 scoop plant-based smoothie powder (get in touch if want to order this fabulous smoothie base)
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 1 tablespoon food-grade brewers yeast
- 1 banana
- 1 cup frozen fruit (my preference is mixed berries, but experiment)
- handfuls of baby spinach/chard/kale (optional)
- enough water to keep the blender happy
- 1 tablespoon of nut butter (optional)
Mix all ingredients in the blender till smooth. I’ve found that it helps to mix everything but the frozen fruit, till the spinach is completely liquefied, then add the frozen fruit.
This is a big hit in my house, and it’s an easy way to get a few fruits/veggies servings into kids, as well as a quick and easy breakfast before school.
Special note: I use a Vitamix. It was pricy when I bought it over 15 years ago, but it’s very durable, and has proven to be quite economical, as I don’t need other appliances, nor do I need to constantly replace it.